What you have to do for booking a sailing yacht
The only thing you have to do in order to book a sailing yacht is to inform us about the:
• Charter period
• Sailing Area
• Yacht type
• Number of passengers
• As long as you send us the information we need you will receive a special offer with
further information of the yacht that will be free for booking!
• We will keep the yacht as an option for several days (which you will be acknowledged)!
During this days you must decide whether you accept our offer or not and if so, we will
send you to sign the charter contracts.
Qualifications required for bareboat charters in Greece
Bear in mind that at least one of the crew members should have sailing certificate.
If no such certificates are issued in your country, you will have to present a reference letter from a sailing club.
The skipper will be asked to complete and sign an official statement declaring his sailing ability.
If you need to hire a professional skipper !!
In case you need to hire a skipper, we can settle everything so that a very experienced
professional skipper will join you at extra charge. Please remember that a skipper needs to be provided with his own cabin, as he is obliged to sleep onboard.
Yacht charters begin and end on Saturdays for multiples of seven days.
In the low season period however, this may be flexible and there could be some exceptions always depending on yachts availability.
We will check you in before your departure and someone will help you at your arrival, one day before the check out.
Fuel : Yachts are delivered with their tanks filled up.
Port or Marina fees: Applies to almost all ports in Greece, at varied costs.
End cleaning as per price list.
A down payment is required by bank's transfer to our account as soon as we sign the charter contracts. The balance is due prior to embarkation according to the charter contract.
- Third party and passenger civil liability 300.000,00 € any one accident
- Damage liability third party and passenger's 330.000,00 yacht any one accident.
- Sea pollution € 90.000,00. liability
The refundable deposit guarantee
All our yachts are insured against fire, marine and collision risks, third party damage
and against any and all loss or damage in excess of the amount of the deposit guarantee.
If there is no damage or loss to the yacht or her equipment, this figure is returned to you.
Obligations of the charter company
1. The agreed yacht will be delivered to the charterer in a clean, sailable, sea-worthy condition, and with full tanks.
2. If the agreed yacht cannot be delivered at the date agreed in the charter party (e.g. because of average, un-seaworthiness as a result of an accident in the preceding charter etc) the charter company may deliver an equivalent yacht without prejudice to the warranty claims of the charterer so far as there are defects in the replacement yacht.
What does the charter fee include?
Yacht prices are per yacht, per week, depending on the time of year and regardless of the number of people onboard (subject of course to the maximum number of berths).
Charter fees include:
- All clean linen including bath towels
- 24 hour emergency service by South Aegean Yachting
- Yacht cleaning before and at the end of your charter
- Port- Marina fees- for the first and last night of the charter in the marina of departure and return
What is not included in the charter fee?
• The Refundable or non Refundable Security Deposit. (see below)
• Food and beverage
• Yacht and outboard engine fuel
• Port -Marina fees - This is a daily-base fee, which applies to almost all ports in Greece
Are the yachts insured?
All our yachts are covered for Third Party Liability with sum insured equal or higher than the obligatory from Greek Legislation (Bodily Injury, Material Damage , Sea Pollution ) and also for several other coverage under the Institute Yacht Clauses CL 328 (1.11.85) as Waterskier’s Liability , Institute Yacht Clause’s Machinery Damage , War and Strikes , Permission to Skipper/Bareboat Charter , Electronic Date Recognition , Innocent Assured Clause , Misappropriation , Medical Expenses , Personal Effects .
The above mentioned yacht insurance is valid in excess of the security Deposit the client chooses to pay.
Should I have a travel insurance?
In your own interest, you are advised to buy suitable travel insurance before leaving home, including cancellation insurance to protect your booking depos
Do the yachts meet any safety standards?
All yachts’ safety equipment meets or exceeds the safety standards set by the Greek Ministry of Merchant Marine.