Lagoon 42 Hydra X (21/04/2016)
Lagoon 42 Hydra X will be available for charters in Athens ....
South Aegean Yachting is happy to announce a new yacht in our fleet... Lagoon 42 S2 Build Year 2017 !!!
A sleek, modern design.
This new member of the Lagoon family has style and a strong personality.
While keeping a family resemblance and retaining the main features of the latest generation of Lagoons, it shows us a new path: unhurried evolution, a new "organic" approach, in search of harmony between living space and man.
An elegant silhouette, flowing curves which, by virtue of a noticeable acceleration of the lines in the bows and in the new coachroof design, emphasise the powerful and dynamic nature of this new model… A VPLP design naturally, a guarantee of performance under sail!
An ingenious deck layout:
The mast moved further aft and the self-tacking jib, a guarantee of performance under sail and ease of handling, provide the ability to bring all operations together in one place.
An ergonomic helming station at the coachroof bulkhead, offering many advantages:
A cosy cockpit, with smooth, elegant curves:
The influence of the organic architecture resonates in the interior volumes.
Attractive moulded wood emphasises the smooth curves of the interior furnishings, designed with care by Nauta.
Once again, the Italian design firm combines elegance and functionality, and offers us two versions of this new model:
3 or 4 double cabins … and what cabins!
- island double beds for the aft cabins and beds with side access for the forward cabins,
- the aft cabins benefit from a bathroom with a separate shower,
- very large windows in the cabins offer excellent illumination and magnificent views of the surroundings,
- the vertical glazing in the coachroof provides saloon illumination: a well-lit, comfortable environment that is perfectly balanced between the galley and saloon areas,
- the U-shaped galley, fully fitted with broad work surfaces and extensive storage space, is oriented towards the external cockpit.
The attention devoted to detail and the use of the volumes make this new interior a unique and enjoyable living space.
- infusion and injection moulding: weight saving, optimised structure and protection of personnel and the environment,
- interior joinery in Alpi® reconstituted timber to increase the longevity of the woodwork and contribute to sustainable development,
- vertical glazing: better sun protection, optimisation of space and headroom,
- gullwing bridgedeck: greater comfort in heavy seas,
- central beam housing the forestay fitting, the anchor davit and the code 0 sprit pole.
Rig: performance and ease of use
The mast being moved further aft offers many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- a self-tacking genoa for ease of use,
- a larger foretriangle for a greater choice of downwind sails,
- a shorter boom for ease of manoeuvring,
- a mainsail that is broader near the head, taking advantage of less turbulent wind for a real improvement in performance,
- re-centring of the weight, which greatly reduces pitching.